Top 10 MMORPG
1.Albion Online : Albion Online (AO) is a medieval fantasy MMORPG being developed by Sandbox Interactive, a studio based in Berlin, Germany. Players can currently purchase “Founder’s Packs” which grant access to the closed beta play-tests which have been run intermittently by Sandbox Interactive, typically after an interval of a few months of development. Since the 30th of December, Albion Online removed its free-to-play model for various reasons.
2. Blade & Soul : Blade & Soul is a Korean fantasy martial-arts massively multiplayer online role-playing game developed byNCSOFT. Blade & Soul features a combination of martial arts inspired combat and qinggong in an open-world environment. Players create playable characters that explore around the world by completing quests assigned by various NPCs. The game uses a real-time battle system in the third person camera view and requires players to “combo” a series of attacks, much like that of fighting games. According to NCSOFT, the game also features an innovative “Downed” mechanic, allowing players to recover from the brink of death. Players begin with “player-versus environment” (PvE) but may participate in “player-versus-player” (PvP) combat later in the game.
3. Guild Wars 2 : Guild Wars 2 is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game developed by ArenaNet and published by NCSOFT. Set in the fantasy world of Tyria, the game follows the re-emergence of Destiny’s Edge, a disbanded guild dedicated to fighting the Elder Dragons, a Lovecraftian species that has seized control of Tyria in the time since the original Guild Wars. The game takes place in a persistent world with a story that progresses in instanced environments.
Guild Wars 2 claims to be unique in the genre by featuring a storyline that is responsive to player actions, something which is common in single player role-playing games but rarely seen in multiplayer ones. A dynamic event system replaces traditional questing, utilising the ripple effect to allow players to approach quests in different ways as part of a persistent world. Also of note is the combat system, which aims to be more dynamic than its predecessor by promoting synergy between professions and using the environment as a weapon,as well as reducing the complexity of the Magic-style skill system of the original game.
4. Path of Exile : Path of Exile is an online action role-playing game developed and published by Grinding Gear Games.
The player controls a single character from an overhead perspective and explores large outdoor areas and underground caves or dungeons, battling monsters and fulfilling quests from NPCs to gain experience points and equipment. The game borrows heavily from the Diablo series, particularly Diablo II. All areas aside from the central encampments are randomly generated for increased re-playability. While all players on a single server can freely mingle in encampments, gameplay outside of encampments is highly instanced, providing every player or party with an isolated map to freely explore.
Players can initially choose from six available classes to play as (Duelist, Marauder, Ranger, Shadow, Templar, and Witch). Each of these classes are aligned with one or two of the three core attributes, Strength, Dexterity, or Intelligence. The final class, the Scion, can be unlocked by freeing her near the end of Act 3 on Normal difficulty, and is aligned with all three attributes. The different classes are not restricted from investing into skills not aligned with their core attributes, but will have easier access to skills that are aligned with their core attributes. Items are randomly generated from a wide variety of basic types and endowed with special properties and gem sockets. They come in different rarities with increasingly powerful properties. This makes a large part of gameplay dedicated to finding well-balanced and synergistic equipment. Skill gems can be placed in gem sockets of armor and weapons, giving them an active skill. As the character advances and levels up, the equipped skill gems also gain experience, allowing the skills themselves to be levelled up and increase in potency.
5. DC Universe : DC Universe Online is a massively multiplayer online where players assume certain roles login fantastic once inside. The action takes place in the DC universe. Sony Online Entertainment says it wants to make room for a new type of MMORPG game The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction was declared the main source of inspiration during the development of DCUO. SOE is working to make DC Universe Online more interactive in terms of gameplay than MMOs already launched on the market, while trying to keep the classic elements such as the system of leveling courts raid, progress chart and inventories for each players. The game world is common, a public space that is not divided by territories belonging to good and evil alike. Public space and feature dynamic content is generated for heroes and villains (he being created in a unique way by each player individually, can not choose one of the main characters of the game). Players will choose a mentor for their character (Superman, Batman or Wonder Woman for heroes and Lex Luthor, Joker or Circe for villains). Their starting position inside the game, prizes and loot mobs main missions will be affected by the decision.
6. Skyforge : Skyforge is a free-to-play third-person action massively multiplayer online roleplaying game developed by Allods Team, in collaboration with Obsidian Entertainment, and published by My.com.
In Skyforge, players take on a larger than life role as an immortal with incredible powers, battling to protect their world from the armies of hostile gods and eventually becoming a god themselves. Character progression within the game is not level based; instead of a traditional leveling format, Skyforge features a “prestige” system, which allows a player to advance based on the sum total of their stats and progression. This allows players to develop and switch between multiple classes at any time, rather than being locked into an early game class choice as in other MMOs. As a player gains more prestige, additional content, gear, and followers are unlocked. Once god mode is achieved Skyforge includes an additional progression system which allows users to manage their followers to increase their character’s overall power.
7. Sphere 3 : Sphere 3: Enchanted World is a brand new MMORPG created for the most hardcore players. Missed the unstoppable PVP-action with non-target system? This game surely will bring you all you want! Take part in epic sieges of huge castles. Use a wide arsenal of siege engines to achieve your goal. Do not focus on the only one strategy — you have thousands ways to be victorious!
Sphere 3: Enchanted World has a strong classic fantasy storyline which currently consists of more than 1000 quests. It will take approximately 600 hours in total to make a complete journey through the story of political deceit, war atrocities and vile treachery.
8. TERA Online : Tera has typical MMORPG features such as questing, crafting, and player versus player action. The game’s combat uses a real-time battle system that incorporates third-person camera view. The player targets an enemy with a cross-hair cursor rather than clicking or tabbing an individual opponent (which is called the “Non-Target battle system” by the developer). The Players need to actively dodge enemy attacks. A keyboard and mouse or a control pad can be used to control the character.
Characters may be one of seven races. Each race has a set of unique “racial skills” that gives them minor advantages. Races also have their own unique animations for many class-specific skills. Tera also has 11 classes, each with their own unique abilities and attributes.
9. Marvel Heroes : Marvel Heroes 2016, originally known as Marvel Heroes, is a free-to-play massively multiplayer online action role-playing video game developed by Gazillion Entertainment and Secret Identity Studios. Characters such as Iron Man, Captain America, Deadpool and Wolverine serve as characters that players can unlock in the game.
As characters gain levels, they gain a passive stat (statistic) increase for stats that help that particular character and gain power points, allowing the player to further define the abilities of that character. Each character has three power trees in which they can spend points. Each of the trees generally focuses on a certain mechanic or play style, such as the Assault (melee), Firepower (guns), and Demolition (explosives) trees for Punisher, or the Archery (ranged), Fighting (melee), and Trick Arrows (special ranged) trees for Hawkeye.As the character gains levels the player has access to more skills to spend points on and is able to put more points into existing skills. Each skill has a level cap, so more points cannot be put in a skill until a certain level is reached. Each skill has a maximum of 20 power points and a maximum of 50 points can be reached from gear bonuses. Currently, the game has a maximum level of 60.
10. Age of Wushu : Age of Wushu is a new martial arts-themed MMORPG directly from China’s Snail Games Entertainment. Also known as Age of Wulin and published by Gala-Net in Europe, the game covers 2,000 years of ancient Chinese Wuxia tradition, and boasts six unique character story arcs, allowing players to become real heroes in their own stories.